I AM NOMINATED FOR THE “ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD .” I am sorry , I forgot to turn off the Caps Lock . I am just soo damn excited . This is definitely a huge deal . I mean , winning is another thing , but being considered by a fellow blogger is something huge too . I’m not gonna justify if I really deserve this , or if i don’t , but I can promise myself and you guys that this blog is gonna get better and better every single day . For the past couple of days , I’ve been reading about some super famous bloggers being nominated and winning some really cool blogger wards . I was soo happy for them , and I was feeling so inspired and determined that I should reach that place one day . I see this nomination as a beginners step for reaching more heights .
I have a confession to make . I started this blog on WordPress one and a half years back . And to be honest , I’ve been regular with my blogging spree only for the past 3 months . I have been so ignorant towards this blogging because of college , and french classes and other commitments . At times I seriously regret that , because I love writing soo much . Just so very much . And I’ve been picking up new followers and some really beautiful comments just withing these last 2 months . And above getting to know more and more wonderful blogs . Thank you guys .
I wanna thank all my followers , all the people who is at least bothered to visit my blog even if not following .
And now , I wanna thank Andy from THE WORLD OF ANDY LAWSON . Andy , thank you so much . Once again , I really don’t mind if I win this or not , because all are my blogger friends and all are my inspirations ; but to be considered as a nominee by someone who is doing pretty strong in the blogging world , well that is definitely an honor .
So , to the things that should be done from my side .
a) Thank the person who awarded me
b) Display the “Lovely Blog Award” on my blog
c) Share 7 things about myself
d) Nominate 15 bloggers I admire, and let them know by commenting on their blog.
Wow . This is like being interviewed :D
A) THANK THE PERSON WHO AWARDED ME
Andy , Andy , Andy , I am so grateful . Thank you soo much Andy . This definitely made my day , and today you are gonna be respected so much in my journal . Thank you once again .
B) DISPLAY “LOVELY BLOG AWARD ” ON MY BLOG
Now , this one is troubling me so much , because I’m trying to add the image , but I’m not being able to . I don’t understand why this thing is not working . But I’ll figure this out by tonight by sure .
C) SHARE 7 THINGS ABOUT MYSELF
- I am a really good girl . I really am :D Alright , there is definitely three things that defines me the most – Books , Music and Food . So , right now I am reading The Fountainhead , listening to the soundtrack from my most favorite movie , Forrest Gump , eating Chicken Curry and rice.
- I love traveling . Traveling is my greatest dream that I will never ever give up . Unfortunately I haven’t traveled anywhere out of South India . Next year I will make it to France to do my Masters , and hopefully that will a beginning to a long , never ending journey .
- I love India – as a whole . I love India for it’s culture . For it’s traditions , for the most beautiful history , temples and of course – Food . I love India , but I also hate India . I’m telling you guys, all you foreigners must know, India has lost it’s culture , it’s lost it’s tradition . People from abroad visit India and they get marveled , but at times I don’t even understand what they see in here that they don’t see in their own country . My father recently came across a man in Singapore who is also an Indian , and he said something that was actually so true . He said ,” India is 50 years behind all the countries in everything . ” I’ve grown up seeing you guys , and inspired by you people , inspired by your books , and inspired by your music , and that why I always have this aching need to get out of here sometime . But no matter what , I will always hold on to my God’s , my traditions , my rich long lost culture , and my Indian girl ways .
- I am writing a book . Actually not “a” book . Two books :D And before I could finish it , and find a publisher , I would probably be 30 by that time :D Fingers crossed .
- I am gonna start a cooking column in my blog . All South India cuisines , all home made . I am telling you all, I am the greatest Foodie you could ever come across , and I love great food . And my mother . My mother … My mother is the greatest cook of South Indian cuisines I’ve ever come across . I seriously can’t wait to share with you all , the best of South Indian dishes.
- I love potato chips . * Now don’t laugh , this is important to me*
- So many hate her , trash her for her behavior and attitude , but … Miley Cyrus was my first , biggest , greatest inspiration . And she will always be . I have two reasons to love her no matter what – NO.1 everybody can go on hating her , but she is definitely an amazing artist as a singer . NO.2 She is fearless and she doesn’t give damn about what people think about her . Period .
D) NOMINATE 15 BLOGGERS I ADMIRE AND LET THEM KNOW BY COMMENTING ON THEIR BLOG
I seriously love you all , and all of you , every single one of them , you guys definitely deserve this award .
- The Wandering Poet
- The Book Shelf of Emily.J
- 365 Days of Art
- Turquoise Compass
- The World of Andy Lawson
- Perspectives of Life , Universe and Everything
- Cee’s Photography
- Lorraine Loveit
- Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- Leigh’s Wordsmithery
- From Balderdash to Epiphany
- Fleur In Her World
- Heaven Ali
- Journey Forgotten
- Leaves & Pages
I really , really love and admire every single one of you . You all are an amazing source of inspiration to me . You guys are talented , artistic , and some of you are just legends . Love you all .